Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let me tell you why my God is good...

...a few days ago I got to thinking, "I haven't really shared the gospel with anyone in a very long time."  In working at a FBC Pre-K everyone knows about Jesus. Spending time around my sweet friends...and they know about Jesus. Random acquaintance here and shared life experiences there...but no back to basic, this is who Jesus is, and I want you to know him.

This coupled with a sweet reminder of truth today...and shabang, shebop, first blog post in nearly 3 months.

Let me tell you what Jesus does for me:

He tells me that I am never alone. And I'm not.

in Deuteronomy 31:6 we are told
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

and again in Hebrews 13:5 we are quoted again that verse from Deuteronomy in regards to worrying about money. The passage goes on to say "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

When I think of the women (leaders) who really taught me the attributes of God, sweet sweet Michaela, and i look at her and her husbands missionary journey and their great faith in him. I am so encouraged to have more faith in God's nearness. His son is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Yesterday, when it was so nice to have a day off, clean, get errands done, and relax as a huge thunderstorm blew through North Texas, I felt God's peace. His nearness was so sweet.

And today, when finances go wrong, family drama raises up, and I'm reminded of the distance that separates my husband and I....God's peace is still available to me. If I would only acknowledge it and claim it. He peace and nearness is always available to me, should I decide that those things are better than worry.

Verse after verse could be quoted about how great God is and saving is his son. All accounts of other men and women that have been affected by the Creator.

So let me give my account. My God is near to me when I feel alone. He gives me strength to move on when I don't want to or feel like I can't. My God gives me a sweet and gentle peace in times of trouble. And his Son died that I could have that closeness with him.

I hope you choose God's peace and nearness this week.
Itty Biddi Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment