Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bitten by the craft bug

Guys, I seriously don't know where this bout of CRAFTINESS has come from. But I'm rolling with it and hoping it doesn't stop. Here are a few things I have done this week:

 I bought a 3 cent. THREE CENT! Letter D from HobLobs yesterday. it had a chip in it but some quick wrapping with yarn in my favorite color green and HUZZAH... a new D to add to the wall.
 Just bought this bookshelf at one of Denton's handiest Thrift Stores. The ever amazing Hollye Cody helped me spray paint it black today. Im excited to go pick out some fabric to go behind it. Some burlap, perhaps?!
 bought this also at said Thrift Store. it was originally a bow tie. I put it around my bun as a joke and then was like, "oh no wait...this is ADORABLE!"
Mason Jar soap dispenser. I got the Mason Jar from ANOTHER thrift store (when you're crafty, you know where every thrift store is in town!) for 95 cents. They (i bought 2) didnt actually have lids. So instead of buying brand new ones, I just used the lids from 2 cans of vegetables, punched a hole in the top, inserted a pump I got for $1.29 at Sallys, painted the whole top a brassy color and SHEBANGSHEBOP SOAP DISPENSER! The ONLY bad thing though, as you can tell, is that the jar is SO big that I dont have enough soap to fill it up! I'm thinking of getting different kinds of red colored soup..perhaps a striped look? or a little ombre?
We've all been there. You're most comfortable v-neck says Victorias Secret across it. Your favorite tote or, in this case, umbrella has it PLASTERED right where everyone notices it most. Now, i L.O.V.E. me some VS but for some reason broadcasting it on my clothes or any other accessory makes me feel weird. So my sweet friend, Jill, and i found a solution. We got a shower liner from the Dollar store (we chose a shower liner because it was the most water resistant yet could-be-made-into-something-cute material we could think of) and I cut it into little rosettes. and then BAM, no more annoying label!
 The project that started this crating craze! I had a few boxes left over from moving in and thought, "i bet i can do something with these!" So Im writing out the verse "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28) above my bed. I'll post a bigger picture when its all finished!
 This is did not make. I found it at Goodwill for 95 cents. A little Honeybee frame for me and my Honeybee.


Hoping it all continues! I have some big, big dreams of:

-making my own printed pillow
-painting on glass for some Bathroom decor
-making a frame out of thick poster board to go around the mirror above my sink
-and finding a way to put "My name will be great among the nations, from where the sun raises to where it sets" (Malachi 1:11) next to our big map of the world''

AND!!!!!
I want to start a wardrobe experiment. Something similar to "A dress a day" but a little different. It will be a test to see how much of my wardrobe i ACTUALLY wear. But more on that later

Yay! 
Itty Biddi I-love-having-hobbies Brittney

2 comments:

  1. LOOK. AT. YOU. GO. Thank you sooooooo much again for fixing censoring my umbrella in the cutes tray imaginable. You're a tiny crafting genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that comment got jumbled and I think it was the computer's fault! I proofread!! **fixing/censoring and **cutest way

    ReplyDelete