Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tis the season to feel like a Disney Princess

Sooo many things are happening in the biddy-brittney life right now. Let me list them out for you:

1) I graduate from the University of North Texas (KAAAWKAWWW) in 12 days. TWELVE.DERN.DAYS.  In twelve days I will have the right to say I have officially completed my BA in Spanish and Development and Family Studies (pretty much Child Development).  In twelve days, I will look at my Father (graduating with his Masters in RTVF from UNT 4 hours before I do) and say, “Thank you for leading the way”. In twelve days I will be the first woman in my family to have a BA. In twelve days I will hear my named called to a packed coliseum announcing what the Lord has done.  In twelve days I will have accomplished something I NEVER thought possible as a young girl. 12 days.

3) Joel left 5 days ago. I am constantly keeping my eye on my RING-LESS phone in case of a phone call. (PS. thank you to Kelsey Hall who let me forward Joel's 4am call to her phone. And sorry to everyone who had to hear that AWFUL outgoing message of me repeating her phone number 3 times so Joel could have time to write it down)  I talked to him twice since then. Twice! I’m so blessed!  Please continue to pray for his safety.

2) I’m busy Christmas shopping.  Having a brother, sister, mother, grandmother...ENTIRE FAMILY that REFUSES to be specific with me about their Christmas wishes, the weight is on.  I’ve spent multiple hours scouring Hobby Lobby, Target, Half Priced Books, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Walmart (and THAT is not exactly a walk in Central Park) trying to find “the gift” for each of them.  However, the feeling of picking up “the one” and KNOWING, “oh my gosh! she is going to LOVE this!” is unlike any other! However, much like Kristen Wiig’s most recent skit on SNL, I LOVE SURPRISES buuuut I ALWAYS RUIN THEM!! Gosh, its like…you have the BEST news and YOU’RE NOT GOING TO TELL ANYONE?!?! So for the next three weeks I MUST perfect the art of ignoring certain family members in order to save their Christmas gift souls.

3) I’m moving in with Tiffany Sewell.  AKA I’m moving in with a Disney Princess. The house is already like a coveted scene from Pinterest, her weekly meal plan would make Martha jealous, and to top it all off, we’ve already planned our first house Christmas Cookie party. I cannot wait to move in and create the most fun, fabulous, and crafting extraordinaire house on the block! Ps. I went through the trouble of creeping on her fb to show you a picture. You’re welcome for my sacrifice.

4) I’m putting together a gift package for Joel. I. LOVE. IT. I keep adding things and coming up with new ideas! Can’t wait to put it in the mail. (PS. to all those planning on sending packages, I have a “please send” and “not allowed” list of materials if you’d like the link!) Love him. Love doing things for him. Love  pictures of him. Oh? you too? ok, here...

5) I just bought a new (to me) car! The Lord provides!

6) I have 4…FOUR upcoming Christmas parties.  And that doesn’t even count the ACTUAL Christmas/Christmas Eve service I will have for BOTH Dumas and Bell families. Please don’t you even dare see that as a complaint. I feel so loved, welcomed, and warmed by the family and friends the Lord has blessed me with.  Holiday goal: use a different cookie/dessert recipe for each Christmas party. I’ll let you know how that goes…

7) I got a new job as a Pre-School teacher! So thankful to have a job during this time in America.

8) I’m filling out paperwork for work, school, insurance, and army stuff.  And all the while I’m having to write ‘Brittney Bell’.  My sweet little Dumas bubble deflates a little every time.  So I am DETERMINED to start ANOTHER packet of paper work to change my name before the new year.  I’ve put it off because things got so crazy. But..it. is. time. Which means I’ll have to fill out all that work, insurance, and title stuff all over again. Oh gosh. maybe I should go do that right now.

PS. while speaking of insurance…Geico not only has (what I here is an) AWESOME military discount (I have yet to actually get the insurance) but they have THE SWEETEST customer service people.  I spent an extra 15 minutes on the phone last night with Crystal, a Marine’s wife, talking all about our husbands and different challenges.  So, thank you Crystal, for making this process a bit sweeter


With all thats been going on lately, it’s hard not to get lost under all the papers, device chargers, gas bills, and glittery christmas wrapping.  Do I finish an assignment or finish work papers?  Do I drive to Target to get presents or drive to Denton to use the library?  Do I spend an hour blogging/pinteresting or do I FINALLY get the Wedding Website up and running??


Here’s to being a busy Christmas Princess with her sandy Prince Charming,
Brittney Dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment