Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Purdy 1- Scarf Exchange

So tonight some sweet friends of ours (I say ‘ours’ because the lovely Kelsey Renee Hall and I went together) had a scarf exchange at their apartment. Kendall, Jessica, Hannah, and Tara were so sweet to open up their home to us.  Here is a picture of the scarf I won! (please ignore my non-make-uped face and over-excited smile)

The sparkly white ‘Princess scarf’ I managed to steal away makes an appearance.  However, the true star is Nova.  A diva in her own right, she goes from ‘totally over it’ (sassy pants Mcgee…wonder where she gets THAT from), to ‘warm and cozy with *aunt* Brittney’, and then decides its her time to shine.  I held the ball right next to the camera so she was all about it. 

Also! Remember how I said I wanted to make a different cookie for each party? Well here is cookie attempt number one: Caramel Chocolate Cake Cookies!

The goo you see in that picture is caramel. All you do is make the cake box cookie mix(a great friend of the college baker) and put the dough around a Rolo.  I couldn’t find Rolos ANYWHERE at Walmart (so is almost always the case when you actually need to find a specific item at Walmart) so I used Hersey’s Kisses filled with Caramel.  I would recommend using the Rolos if you can because they are more PACKED with caramel!  But they were DE-LI-CIOUS! Lots of compliments! And SUPER gooey and caramel-y right out of the oven!

What a sweet treat it was so see amazing girl friends I haven’t seen all semester (i feel like this was a CRAZY hard semester for almost EVERYONE so studying has stolen all my friends) and try a fun (easy!) new recipe with my baking partner, Schmelsey Schmalls!

Now on to writing a 8 page paper due on Thursday. AHHH. 10 more days til GRAD-U-A-TION!
Biddi Biddi (Baking) Brittney : )


1 comment:

  1. YAY! Princess scarf!! Take more pictures with Jack so that he can be on your blog and be famous too!!

    ReplyDelete